Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day - From The Obamas

Memorial Day is always a very special day for me because I have lots of cousins and relatives who have served and died in wars over the years.  This year President Obama wanted to recognize my great grand daddy, First Lieutenant James Earl Taylor, who served as a US marine in WWII.

We've all seen the famous picture of the Iwa Jima flag raising, but what many don't realize is that when you see the uncut version of the picture you see my great grandfather in the foreground, who is actually supervising and giving the order to "Men, put that flag up.  I don't care what it takes, we are not leaving this place until we show exactly what we stand for...The U.S of A."


This is the pic you're probably all familiar with


Playing on the lawn with my new best friends

2 comments:

  1. Stop it right now! Jake, how in the world are you so great as to get a play date with the Obama's dog? You are super cool...do you have a girlfriend? I have somebody in mind for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's next, Jake? I suppose next weekend is a playdate at Oprah's?

    ReplyDelete

 
.